A Brief Video Introduction
What is Holistic Therapeutic Massage?
This is a person-centred approach, incorporating traditional Swedish massage strokes with stretches, passive joint mobilisation and rhythm mobility.
Whether you are looking for a firm massage to relieve muscular tension in specific areas, or a gentle massage to help you relax, a treatment plan will be tailored according to your individual needs. This approach does not rely on a fixed massage routine, meaning that every treatment is truly unique.
Physical benefits of holistic therapeutic massage:
- Relaxes and warms the soft tissues;
- Increases blood flow to the areas massaged;
- Relieves muscular aches and tension;
- Enhances awareness of your body;
- Aids sleep.
Psychological benefits of holistic therapeutic massage:
- Increases relaxation
- Reduces everyday stress, anxiety and tension
- Improves mood
- Promotes positive self-image
- Enhances quality of life
- Promotes a sense of well-being
I am currently the only CNHC registered massage therapist practising in Exeter city centre.
Testimonials on the benefits of Holistic Therapeutic Massage:
Melissa, full-time carer – High Green:“I find it very easy to talk to Sarah about what I need out of the massage and she puts me at ease the way she describes what treatment will help me best in that appointment. I benefit from the back massage, because it relaxes me and it loosens my muscles. I also like the stomach massage, which is very light; it relaxes the spasms I have.”
Related Blog Articles:
- In a Nutshell: an Introduction to Massage Oils – Bristol
- Massage and Aromatherapy for #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
- Final post for #StressAwareness Month: Research on Massage and Stres
- Massage for #StressAwareness#Month
- Sickness Absence from Work