A Brief Video Introduction
What is Aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy is the therapeutic application of fantastically fragrant essential oils, extracted from aromatic, medicinal plants, in ways that will help your body and mind to rebalance and feel refreshed. Smelling the oils triggers a series of chemical responses from the brain, which may be experienced as a change in mood. Some essential oils thus appear to stimulate and enliven us, while others are more sedative and soothing.
Essential oils contain substances which are believed to act as hormones in the plants from which they are extracted. Essential oils are highly concentrated and are therefore blended with a carrier medium, such as a vegetable oil, for use in aromatherapy massage.
Aromatherapy Massage Treatments
In contrast with the gentle, full-body massage routines traditionally associated with aromatherapy treatment, SB Holistic uniquely employs aromatherapy in conjunction with holistic therapeutic massage, deep tissue massage and holistic sports and remedial massage, in a tailor-made treatment.
Personalised Aromatherapy Products
Whether or not you are keen on massage, you can still experience the restorative benefits of aromatherapy at home, with SB Holistic’s bespoke, prescription products. You may purchase products in addition to your massage treatment, in order to care for yourself at home and to feel the more long-term benefits of continued aromatherapy treatment. Alternatively, if you don’t fancy a massage, you can still book a non-massage aromatherapy consultation. This is a 40-minute appointment, in which the therapist conducts an in-depth assessment of your needs and formulates a bespoke aromatherapy prescription for you. Your products are then freshly prepared and will be available for you to collect from the clinic.
A wide range of products is available, including massage oil, foam bath, cream, lotion, gel, skin toner and local wash mixtures. Your therapist will discuss the most suitable products for you to use. Please note that SB Holistic can only prescribe products following a full initial consultation, in order to ensure that safe and appropriate treatment is given.
Physical Benefits of Aromatherapy:
- Reduces everyday tension
- Helps to maintain healthy mobility
- Helps to maintain healthy breathing
- Encourages healthy circulation
- Helps to cleanse the system, in conjunction with a healthy diet
- Helps to maintain healthy skin
- Is balancing for both men and women
- Aids sleep
Psychological Benefits of Aromatherapy:
- Reduces the symptoms of everyday stress
- Increases relaxation
- Improves emotional and spiritual well-being
- Enhances quality of life
Testimonials on the benefits of Aromatherapy:
BV, artist – Hillsborough: Emotionally I feel a lot more at peace within myself than I did before starting the aromatherapy and massage, and that I have more resources and feel a bit more in control.
Related Blog Articles:
- Aromatherapy and Conventional Medicine: Working Together
- More Exciting @olympiabeauty News – FREE Tickets and upgrades
- In a Nutshell: an Introduction to Massage Oils – Bristol
- Enjoying the sun with Aromatherapy
- #DiabetesAwarenessWeek and AromatherapyAwarenessWeek
- Rescue Magic: Thinking Outside the Box
- Massage and Aromatherapy for #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek
- Aromatherapy for Ovaries
- Sickness Absence from Work
- Myofascial Magic
I am currently the only CNHC registered clinical aromatherapist based in Exeter.