One of my greatest passions is using essential oils in conjunction with advanced bodywork, to help my clients to make an even speedier recovery. Essential oils contain many complex natural chemicals and therefore have many amazing properties, which can provide massive relief and aid the body’s own healing processes: pain-relieving, anti-inflammatory, circulatory, cooling or warming, to name but a few. As a sports /remedial massage therapist, myofascial therapist and clinical aromatherapist, I routinely combine these approaches to help my clients to return to full functioning and to manage any minor mishaps at home.
SB Holistic Magic
In developing SB Holistic Magic, I have used the results of my studies and clinical experience in an attempt to bridge a gap in the market: many expert massage and bodywork professionals do not use essential oils to enhance the benefit of their treatment, while many excellent aromatherapists are not trained in advanced massage techniques; this feels like a missed opportunity for two complementary approaches to work together for clients’ optimal benefit. . I therefore developed SB Holistic Magic, an aromatherapy product range based on these principles, to help massage therapists and other bodywork practitioners to enhance their provision for clients. I love sharing this knowledge with other practitioners and hearing the heart-warming success stories of how these products have helped clients and therapists all over the UK.
I have exhibited and given talks at several major UK conferences and trade shows, including Olympia Beauty, the Holistic Health Show and the Massage Training Institute’s annual conference. I am extremely proud to have won the Holistic Therapist Magazine, Star Product 2017 award. To find out more about these beautiful, useful and natural products, check out my shop page
- Ph.D in Human Communication Sciences, University of Sheffield
- Advanced Clinical Diploma in Integrated Myofascial Therapy, Myofascial Release UK
- Diploma in Holistic Therapeutic Massage, Sheffield Centre for Massage Training
- Diploma in Holistic Sports and Remedial Massage, Sheffield Centre for Massage Training
- Diploma in Clinical Aromatherapy, Penny Price Academy of Aromatherapy
- Certificate in Sharon Wheeler’s ScarWork, Body in Harmony
- Certificate in Hands-Free Massage, Dynamic Massage
- Level II certificate in Reiki, Devon School of Reiki
- City & Guilds Award in Education and Training, Exeter College
- Bespoke health, lifestyle and business mentorship training, Heart Centred Business
Memberships and governing organisations
I am a practitioner member of the Massage Training Institute (MTI). I work on the MTI research committee, reviewing the existing scientific literature on massage and writing articles for practitioners who have no research training.
I am registered as a massage therapist and aromatherapist with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC), the register of complementary therapists accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), backed by the government and General Medical Council (GMC).